147 NW 19th Avenue
Built in 1903 after a fire destroyed the older wooden episcopal church on Oak and 3rd, Trinity Episcopal Cathedral is actually the 3rd building constructed by the episcopal congregation (the first being a log cabin type structure constructed in 1853). The main structure of the church, with its pointed-topped arches and simple stone buttresses, is highly reminiscent of the early Gothic period, though the expansions off of the main cathedral appear somewhat more modern. Several elements of the older, fire-damaged church were built into the cathedral, including one of the rose windows and the carved wooden pulpit. Today, the cathedral houses one of the oldest and largest episcopal parishes in the northwest, and is also home to the Opus 11, an organ custom-built for the cathedral which has been described as “an instrument to rejoice in” and “undeniably beautiful but solid”.