2591 SW Buckingham Terrace
Is it a castle or is it Romanesque Revival? Originally called the Mount Gleall castle (“Gleall” being a combination of Gladys, Earl, and Lloyd, the names of Charles Piggott’s children), this home was constructed of bricks from Charles Piggott’s own brickyard. The building has four bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, and no internal right angles. The Piggott family lived here only one year before the economic downtown of 1893 forced Piggott to sell the house, giving the castle its other name, “Piggott’s Folly”. The hilltop turret affords a wide view of the city.