519 SW 3rd Avenue
Built in 1891, added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1980, Designed by McCaw, Martin and White. The lower three stories are of massive sandstone blocks, while the upper floors are brick. The over-scale arches, the rusticated standstone blocks that make up the lower floors, and the extensive carvings give the building its Romanesque countenance. Frank Dekum, the original owner, was an immigrant from Bavaria, but he requested only Oregon materials be used in the building.